As part of the initial training, we will be doing the followings:
- Techniques for assembling and disassembling the kite;
- Safety rules;
- Kite launch;
- Basic principles of kite handling;
- Practical exercises on handling the kite on the shore;
- Basic movements with a kite on the water;
- Practical training in handling the kite on the water;
- Launching the kite on the water.
Phases of kitesurfing training:
The program of the initial kitesurfing course (12 hours) at the Sultan Kite school:
First phase of training – First hour:
- Safety instructions.
- Kitesurfing theory.
- Studying wind concepts: the theory of windshields, wind direction, the strength of the wind and the principles of movements.
- Techniques for kite training.
Second phase of training – Second hour:
- Theory: handling an inflatable kite – design features, device and controls.
- Studying the design of the kite and the safety system.
- Practising assembling and inflating the kite.
- Controlling the kite at the edge of the windshield.
Third phase of training – 3rd and 4th hour:
- Launching and landing the kite on shore.
- Inflatable kite with trapezoid on the water.
- Exercising performing the “body drag” technique and working out your movement on the water behind the inflatable kite.
Fourth phase of training – 5th and 6th hour:
- Raising the kite from the water.
- Exercising “bodydrag” with the retention of the kite at the edge of the windshield and working out the movements.
Fifth phase of training – 7th and 9th hour:
- Practical exercises on the water with a board.
- Techniques for dressing the board.
- Launching the kite on water.
- Techniques of moving behind a kite on a board and developing movements.
- Standing on the board and working out the right posture.
Sixth phase of training – 10th and 12th hour:
We will review the knowledge you’ve acquired in kite handling and movement skills on the board.
After completing the initial kite training program, you will learn:
- How to steer a kite safely.
- How to determine the direction and force of the wind.
- How to collect and customize your kite gear.
- How to fly a kite.
- How to run and land with a kite.
- How to control a kite in the water.
- How to stand on a board.
- How to start and glide on the water.
During this course, the student acquires the following kitesurfing skills:
- Steering the kite in both directions;
- Speed control.
Course perfection “Become a professional”
During this course, the student has the opportunity to learn the following elements of kitesurfing:
- Independent launch of the kite.
- Cutting-out to the wind.
- Freestyle elements.
- Huge, “Floaty” Jump.
- Kite loop and other tricks.
The cost of each course includes: instructor’s work, equipment rental, trapezoid, hydro-taps, insurance for the period of the training, helmet and, of course, the entire service of the centre. If you plan to visit us in the winter (December – February), we recommend you to take along with you a long wetsuit (5 mm thick). On request, you can rent waterproof radio helmets from us, which are very useful in the last hours of the training, during a body dredge or when you are already on the board. Even at a considerable distance from your instructor, you will still clearly hear his commands.